Mar 7, 2009

Transformation



You, you standing right there,

Yes, you wearing the Dark Black dress

And your face covered by long locks and short bangs;

What are you hiding, your eyes with that smudged black Kohl

Smeared all across your white as light face.

You look so tall and healthy but I can sense the shiver

Running through your spine, as you kneel down helplessly

And cry and scream and wonder what went wrong;

Just when you thought you had me all figured out,

I looked pretty simple and straight isn't it?



I saw you suffer from the time you had senses,

I saw you in hurt and despair,

I saw you worry, I saw you hurry

I saw enough, It was time to smile now, my dearest.

For I saw you try, cry, attempting to die,

I saw you losing, losing your belief in me.

You thought you had me figured out then,

I was being ruthless, merciless, making you feel helpless,

Is all what you could think of

But I was just watching, watching your show.



Just when you thought of ending it all,

I started a new beginning,

You reluctantly embraced my shoulder for crying

You cried lakes and rivers and oceans, But

I knew I had to make you smile, shower you with care and concern,

Make you believe in me, make you better.

You did believe, but you went too far,

You thought I was your puppet

You thought you knew the in and out. You thought I was a plan.

It was time now for a reality check.



I am not your friend, I am not your lover,

Nor am I your near or dear one.

But I am there everywhere, whether you need me or not.

For one thing, you can never figure me out.

Taking for granted and being over confident,

Is not what I want of you,

I say this coz you, yes you my dearest, are my puppet.

And I, am a puzzle, waiting to be put together.

There are a million ways, but you need know which one is best,

As I watch you, hit you, shine on you, as your deeds be.



You struggled, you tried,

You got hurt, you cried,

You acquired me, you smiled,

Do you still not know I am a part of you?

I am as a matter of fact you.

And you thought you knew yourself all along,

Isn't this a shock?

But as I hide in your bosom this time,

Don't let go, I won't grant you a quarter.

It is time for change. It is time, for transformation.




P.S. This is a conversation between Life, in person, with the girl.

25 comments:

के सी said...

awesome poem

Ashrita said...

Thank you Kishore :)

A.prem said...

bow down, stands and ^:)^

@ excellent poem excellent pic!

cheers!
>>:D<< :-*

अविनाश said...

really liked this one

very nicely writen, felt it....

Ashrita said...

Thank you Anu :) Muahhh


Thanks a lot Avinash :)

mysterious gal said...

Standing ovation!^:)^

This is the best work of urs ...truly it left me dumbfounded.....i cd actually feel the poem as u must have wrote it! this one is truly from the heart ...just too good! cant even express what i feel!

Love you loads
Mwaahz >:D<

Nikhil said...

OMFG..awesome poem this!!

This is ur best work till now..I hope to see a lot more comin.
Love you*
Nikhil

Ashrita said...

Thank you Nabs :) I can picture you picturing me coming up with it :P

Thank you bhai, love you too... Muahhh

^_^ SENO ^_^ said...

Amazing!!

Bows down ^:)^

You are transforming from an amateur to a professional ;-)

Ashrita said...

Thank you Seno :)

Miss Sunshine said...

SEX! :D lol! amazing!

Miss Sunshine said...

where did u copy it from?
John Keats - Unpublished works or smwhr?
NOW dont lie that you wrote it ;)

Ashrita said...

Hahahaha@ SEX... ROFL!!

Sorry but it is me who wrote it :(

I will take it as a compliment :) I know it is meant to be one :)

Random Thoughts Of My Mind said...

dat is beautifully written shishi..n thanks a lott...shows me d miror again...

Random Thoughts Of My Mind said...

dat is beautifully written shishi..n thanks a lott...shows me d miror again...

Ramu's Corner said...

I didn't understand the poem for the first time I read it. After reading your P.S., again I quickly read through your poem n understood how beautifully it as presented! You are growing as an poet, I wish you write more of it and release of book with all your collections soon!

Ashrita said...

Thanks a lot Polo :)

Ramu, maybe when I get old or something I will publish these works lol, I don't know if I am even half as good as those kind of poets though :) Thanks for liking it. And yes that was the reason why I added the P.S. because if you read it in the first go you might think it is about something else.

Anil Sawan said...

u happen to be blessed with creativity. why din i see ya before?? i am in luv with this space :)

Ashrita said...

Thanks a lot Sawan :) Thanks a lot!!! Thanks for dropping by here :)

Onward said...

wow...u have talent girl..loads of it..awesome poem...its easy to rhyme and stuff but THIS is pure class...

BLOGROLLING U...

cheers

Ashrita said...

Cheers mate! Thanks for the compliment :)

Aditi said...

what a beautiful thought!!!
Awesome work!

Ashrita said...

Thank you Aditi :)

Opaque said...

Hmm, a conversation with life is quite a broad subject, don't you think? I like how you've not compromised on the length to convey all, or almost all that you can in a single poem.

I like the line of communication here. It is the surrounding talking to the subject and not the other way around that makes it more interesting, a read.

I loved it! Yes, I do. However, I don't be cross as I suggest you to intensify it merely by using appropriate punctuation marks.

You see, the general feel in this piece is that life is even to all and doesn't take pity on anybody.

So, you could alter a few lines. Say, for instance -

"You! you standing right there,
Yes, you! wearing the Dark Black dress"

There is a difference. Oh, yes there is. I will leave you to figure out the rest.

It is very well done! Pushing it up a notch will do no harm, will it?

Keep writing!!!

Ashrita said...

THIS is exactly why I love your comments! If I were to read this poem now, I would have thought of it the same way. Why didn't I do it before?!